Application For A Sri Lankan Travel Document
(Application for a new Sri Lankan Passport)
Note: Read all the instructions before filling the application given at the bottom of this page
- Application forms for Sri Lankan passports are available at the Embassy
- Passports are issued for a 10 years period. When this period of validity expires, a new passport has to be obtained.
- When an application for a new passport is submitted, the previous passport should be furnished along with the passport application. The fee for a new passport is US $ 150.00.
- If the expired passport is N or M series and renewal of the passport was overdue, an additional late renewal fee of US$ 3.00 per year from the date of expiry of the validity of the passport will be charged.
- If the expired passport is L, K, J series the fee for issuance of new passport is US$ 350.00 with effect from 01 April 2010.
- Fees may be paid by Cash when the application is hand delivered
NOTE: All applications for new passports have to be forwarded to the Controller, Immigration & Emigration, the only authority responsible for issuing passports, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Sri Lanka. This process may take approximately 10 to 12 weeks.
Guidelines for Completing the Application form for a new travel document (Form K)
- An application for a Sri Lankan passport should be made on Form “K”. It should be filled preferably in BLOCK letters to assist the Embassy to expedite the issuance of the passport.
- Applications must be submitted in duplicate and the address in Cuba and telephone number should be clearly stated.
- When applying for a new passport, please ensure that the following documents are enclosed:
a. Form “K” (in duplicate)
b. Photo/Signature Card (IM35 B) with 3 colour photographs of size 35mm x 45mm or 2″ x 2″ (Clear, Fresh, with open ears and without wearing spectacles)
c. Declaration Form (Form D-3)
d. Application for addition/deletion of children’s names where necessary. (Form IM 35C)
e. Present Sri Lankan passport
f. Birth Certificate (Original is required)
g. National Identity Card (Original is required)
h. Marriage Certificate where applicable (Original is required)
- If the profession is required to be entered in the passport, a letter of proof from the employer and attested copies of educational/professional qualifications certificates indicating the profession of the applicant should be submitted.
- Completed photo signature card on form IM35 (B) with two colour photographs glued to the application and an extra photograph should be furnished as specified in the application. Please ensure that the signatures are confined to the cages provided immediately below the photographs.
- Please ensure that the applicant’s present passport number is entered and the declaration signed and attested on page 2 of Form “K”.
All other information should be furnished as required in the application Form “K”.
Sri Lankan Passport Application Form