Applications are invited from citizens of Sri Lanka who are productive, experienced in the related field and qualified for the post of Director General who is the Chief of Staff of the Petroleum Resources Development Secretariat
- Attending to the technical, financial legal and management functions related to the exploration and utilization of petroleum.
- Preparation of programmes, obtaining data, preparation of procurement documents, evaluation of same, development of petroleum deposits for petroleum resources explorations and connected functions, working in collaboration with international experts for proprietary contracts and other related matters.
- Implementation of petroleum programmes and providing the maximum contribution possible to the Sri Lankan economy from the petroleum resources sector, through precise management ensuring environmental protection
- Holding a Physical Science or Engineering Degree obtained from a recognized university majoring to at least one of the following fields:
Explorative Geo Physics
Blast and Production Engineering
- Having 15 years or more experience in petroleum exploration activities and five years field experience in offshore operations with international involvement is important.
- In addition to the above knowledge and skills, having experience in administration and project management at senior level would be an added qualification.
- Should not be more than 67 years old on the date of application.
- The appointment would be made for a 03 year contract period, and extension of this period would be considered depending on the performance.
- Salary is negotiable based on experience and proficiency
- Would be entitled to a vehicle with a driver and a monthly fuel allowance.
Short listed applicants only would be called for the interview, and accordingly the most qualified person would be selected.
HOW APPLICATIONS ARE TO BE SUBMITTED:
If you show an interest or liking to this post, the proposals you would be implementing for the advancement of petroleum resources exploration activities in Sri Lanka, along your bio data should be forwarded under registered cover to the Secretary, Minister of Power and Energy, Petroleum Resources Development Section, No 80, Sir Earnest de Silva Mawatha, Colombo 7, before 07th February 2020. The words “Post of Director General of the Petroleum Resources Development Secretariat” should be stated on the top left hand corner of the envelope. Applicants in the state sector should submit their applications through their Heads of Department.
Minister of Power and Energy
Petroleum Resources Development Section
Sir Earnest de Silva Mawatha